2011 Volkswagen JettaCRM Mitchell1 2023-06-03T22:04:32+00:00
- 7 fault codes are stored in the engine control module, P2015, P1A58, P2BA6, P0401, P240F, P0401, and P2002. Removed upper engine cover. Removed lower engine cover. Loosened right front axle shaft assembly from transmission. Lowered subframe. Removed EGR filter. Removed diesel particulate filter. Stripped down diesel particulate filter. One of the exhaust gas temperature sensors is stuck in the diesel particulate filter and cannot be removed. Called customer and he authorized us to replace the diesel particulate filter, EGR filter and the three exhaust gas temperature sensors in the diesel particulate filter. Replaced the diesel particulate filter and the three exhaust gas temperature sensors in the DPF. Replaced the EGR filter, exhaust flapper motor and rear oxygen sensor that came with the EGR filter repair kit. Re installed in reverse order of removal. Performed basic settings on EGR flapper motor. Recommend a wheel alignment since subframe was lowered during repairs. Cleared fault codes in the engine control module. DPF warning light is still on. 2 fault codes are still stored in the engine control module, P2BA6, and P1A58. Road tested. Check engine light came back on. Recommend an extended road test to clear DPF warning light, check engine light, permanent DTC memory as well as reset readiness code. Vehicle is operating correctly after all repairs were complete.
- Removed intake flap motor. Installed intake flap motor repair kit. Re installed intake flap motor. Reset intake flap motor basic settings. Road tested after all repairs were complete. Check engine light did not come back on. Fault codes did not re appear. Vehicle is operating correctly.
- Removed and replaced the passenger side outside mirror glass.
- Verified concern. Found the screw for the outer drivers door handle key tumbler is loose causing the key tumbler to move when opening the door. Removed trim from the side of the driver door. Tightened the screw for the key tumbler on the outer drivers door handle. Re installed trim piece. Verified door opens on the first try every time.
- Performed an extended road test after repairs to clear DPF warning light, check engine light, permanent DTC memory as well as reset readiness code. Verified readiness code is set. No current, pending or permanent fault codes stored in the engine control module. Vehicle is operating correctly.
- Completed a wheel alignment after repairs were complete due to loosening of subframe during repairs. Road tested. Vehicle drives straight. Steering wheel is centered.
- Removed and replaced the left license plate light bulb. Verified the license plate lights are working correctly now.
Lee H. gave our service a 5 star review on 6/2/2023