2009 MINI CooperCRM Mitchell1 2023-03-25T22:01:54+00:00
- Inspect and advise. Verified concern. Coolant is leaking from the water pump. Coolant is also leaking from the thermostat with housing and the rear coolant pipe. Recommend remove and replace water pump, thermostat with housing and the rear coolant pipe and re evaluate.
- Removed upper and lower engine covers. Removed air dust and air filter housing. Drained coolant. Removed and replaced thermostat with housing. Removed and replaced rear coolant pipe from water pump to thermostat. Re installed in reverse order of removal. Verified coolant leak form the thermostat with housing and rear coolant pipe are eliminated after completing water pump repair.
- After thermostat repair was finished continued with water pump repair. Removed front right wheel. Removed front right wheel liner. Removed serpentine belt. Removed serpentine belt tensioner. Removed water pump pulley. Removed and replaced water pump. Cleaned coolant stained area as best we could. Replaced water pump pulley. Re installed in reverse order of removal. Installed new serpentine belt. Added fresh coolant. Bled cooling system. Cleared fault codes. Road tested. Checked and topped off coolant level. Verified coolant leak from water pump is eliminated. Vehicle is operating correctly.
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Fee
- Charged battery. Retested. 12.29 Volts, 574 CCA, good battery. Road tested. Vehicle is operating correctly.
Scott C. gave our service a 5 star review on 3/24/2023