- Verified concern. Serpentine belt is broken. It appears that oil leaked onto the belt and caused deterioration which made the belt break. Found V tech solenoid gasket, valve cover gasket, and the strainer gasket are all leaking oil in the area around serpentine belt. Recommend remove and replace V tech solenoid gasket, valve cover gasket, strainer gasket, and serpentine belt.
- Removed V tech solenoid. Removed and replaced V tech solenoid gasket. Cleaned oil stained area as best we could. Re installed in reverse order of removal. Road tested after all repairs were complete. Verified engine oil leak from V tech solenoid gasket is eliminated.
- Removed and replaced cabin air filter. Road tested.
- Removed what was left of the serpentine belt. Removed all the belt fragments. Replaced serpentine belt after all the oil repairs were completed. Checked the rollers and tensioners. Road tested. Vehicle is operating correctly.
- Removed drive belt tensioner. Remover strainer cover. Removed and replaced strainer gasket. Cleaned oil stained area as best we could. Re installed in reverse order of removal. Once all repairs were complete road tested. Verified engine oil leak from strainer gasket is eliminated.
- Loosened ignition coil wire harness. Removed ignition coils. Found ignition coils soaked in engine oil. Cleaned ignition coils. Removed valve cover. Removed spark plug tube seals from valve cover. Cleaned valve cover and valve cover sealing surfaces. Replaced valve cover gasket. Replaced spark plug tube seals. Replaced valve cover nut seals. Re installed in reverse order of removal. Cleaned engine oil stained area as best we could. Road tested after all repairs were completed. Verified engine oil leak from valve cover gasket is eliminated.
- After all repairs were completed, topped off engine oil, power steering fluid and coolant levels. Cleaned residual fluid from engine compartment. Road tested. Checked and topped off fluid levels. Vehicle is operating correctly.
Doug W. gave our service a 5 star review on 12/10/2022